By Mayo Clinic Workers
Frittata is an Italian omelet with the ingredients blended into the eggs rather than remaining folded inside. This model uses egg whites alternatively of full eggs to minimize the calories, unwanted fat and cholesterol.
Amount of servings
- 1/2 inexperienced or pink bell pepper, diced
- 4 new mushrooms, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup salsa, reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Warmth the broiler. Situation the rack 4 inches from the warmth source.
Evenly coat a hefty, ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. Place on the stove about medium warmth and increase peppers and mushrooms. Saute till greens are tender, about 5 minutes.
In a compact bowl, whisk jointly the egg whites and 1/2 cup of the salsa. Pour the egg white combination into the skillet with the greens and cook till partially set, about 5 minutes. Never try to blend or scramble the combination. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Place the skillet under the broiler and cook till the cheese is melted and eggs are set, about 5 minutes.
Divide the frittata in 50 percent and spoon on to specific plates. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon salsa and provide quickly.
Nutritional evaluation for every serving
Serving dimensions: Half of frittata
- Full unwanted fat ten g
- Calories 189
- Protein 19 g
- Cholesterol thirty mg
- Full carbohydrate seven g
- Nutritional fiber 2 g
- Monounsaturated unwanted fat 3 g
- Saturated unwanted fat 5 g
- Trans unwanted fat Trace
- Sodium 699 mg
- Additional sugars g
- Full sugars 4 g
- Potassium 430 mg
- Protein and dairy 1.5
- Greens 1
- Meat and meat substitutes 2
- Nonstarchy greens 1
- Meats, poultry and fish 1
- Greens 1
- Dairy food items (small-unwanted fat or unwanted fat-cost-free) 1
Aug. ten, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Food items Lover’s Companion. third ed. Barron’s Academic Collection 2001:250.