By Mayo Clinic Personnel
Stone-ground cornmeal is a superior supply of nutrition, which includes fiber, vitamin C and potassium.
Variety of servings
- one cup all-intent flour
- one/four cup sugar
- two teaspoons baking powder
- one cup excess fat-no cost milk
- four tablespoons (or one/four cup) vegetable oil
- one/two cup egg substitute
- one one/four cups stone-ground cornmeal
- one cup fresh new or cream-design corn
- one/two green bell pepper, chopped
Heat the oven to four hundred F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
In a large bowl, include the flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir to mix evenly.
In a different bowl, mix the milk, oil, egg substitute, cornmeal, corn and green pepper. Incorporate to the flour combination and blend just right until moistened but still a little lumpy.
Divide the combination amongst the 12 muffin liners. Bake 20 minutes or right until muffins are light-weight brown.
Nutritional investigation per serving
Serving sizing: one muffin
- Overall excess fat five g
- Energy 168
- Protein four g
- Cholesterol Trace
- Overall carbohydrate 26 g
- Dietary fiber one.five g
- Monounsaturated excess fat two g
- Saturated excess fat one g
- Potassium 128 mg
- Sodium 156 mg
- Trans excess fat g
- Extra sugars four g
- Overall sugars seven g
- Grains and grain solutions two
- Fat and oils one
Aug. ten, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Food items Lover’s Companion. 3rd ed. Barron’s Instructional Sequence 2001:a hundred sixty five.