By Mayo Clinic Workers
Scampi traditionally refers to shrimp covered in butter. This model replaces fifty percent of the butter with olive oil.
Amount of servings
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- three tablespoons olive oil, divided
- two lbs significant shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots or inexperienced onions
- two tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Floor black pepper, to taste
- two tablespoons brandy or sherry, optional
- two tablespoons butter
Fill a significant pot three/4 comprehensive with water and deliver to a boil. Include the pasta and cook in accordance to offer directions. Drain the pasta totally.
Though the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a significant saucepan over medium heat. Include the shrimp and cook for two to three minutes on just about every aspect. Transfer shrimp to a bowl and continue to keep heat.
Include garlic and shallots to the saucepan and cook right until aromatic, about ten seconds. Include lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper, and brandy or sherry, if preferred.
Clear away the saucepan from the heat. Include the cooked shrimp additionally two tablespoons olive oil and two tablespoons butter. Toss right until shrimp are coated with sauce.
Divide pasta among warmed individual bowls. Best with shrimp and sauce. Provide promptly.
Dietary assessment for every serving
Serving dimensions: 1 cup pasta and shrimp
- Overall extra fat 12 g
- Energy 376
- Protein 36 g
- Cholesterol 254 mg
- Overall carbohydrate 31 g
- Dietary fiber two g
- Monounsaturated extra fat 6 g
- Saturated extra fat 4 g
- Additional sugars g
- Sodium 344 mg
- Trans extra fat Trace
- Potassium 537 mg
- Overall sugars two g
- Protein and dairy 1
- Fat two.5
- Carbs two
- Meat and meat substitutes three
- Fat two.5
- Starches two
- Grains and grain products two
- Meats, poultry and fish three
- Fat and oils two.5
Aug. ten, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Food items Lover’s Companion. third ed. Barron’s Academic Sequence 2001:550.