By Mayo Clinic Staff
To more reduce the unwanted fat and cholesterol in this recipe, use 1/two cup egg substitute as a substitute of the 1 egg and two egg whites.
Range of servings
- 1/two cup chopped onion
- eight ounces chopped mushrooms
- 1 egg
- two egg whites
- 1/two cup unwanted fat-cost-free sour cream
- 3 ounces lean ham, chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- six ounces shredded low-unwanted fat Swiss cheese
- 1 completely ready-designed nine-inch pie crust
Heat the oven to 350 F.
Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Incorporate the onions and mushrooms and prepare dinner more than medium heat until tender.
In a massive bowl, whisk with each other the egg, egg whites and sour cream. Stir in the sauteed onions, ham and cheese. Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
Bake until the quiche is set and flippantly browned, about forty minutes. Lower into six wedges and provide straight away.
Nutritional evaluation per serving
Serving dimension: 1 wedge
- Full unwanted fat ten g
- Energy 224
- Protein sixteen g
- Cholesterol forty eight mg
- Full carbohydrate sixteen g
- Nutritional fiber 1 g
- Monounsaturated unwanted fat 4 g
- Saturated unwanted fat 3 g
- Additional sugars g
- Sodium 473 mg
- Trans unwanted fat Trace
- Full sugars 3 g
- Protein and dairy 1
- Fats 1
- Carbs 1
- Grains and grain merchandise 1
- Meats, poultry and fish 1
- Fats and oils two
- Meat and meat substitutes 1
- Fats two
- Starches 1
July fourteen, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Foods Lover’s Companion. third ed. New York, N.Y.: Barron’s Instructional Series 2001.
- The Mayo Clinic Williams-Sonoma Cookbook. Menlo Park, Calif.: Oxmoor Property 2001.