By Mayo Clinic Team
To conserve time, minimize up the veggies in advance and refrigerate right up until you’re prepared to roast them.
Quantity of servings
- Significant Fiber
- Healthy carb
- 1 smaller yellow zucchini, minimize into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 smaller inexperienced zucchini, minimize into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 smaller eggplant, peeled, minimize into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 sweet purple pepper, seeded, cored and minimize into chunks
- 2 tablespoons moreover 1 teaspoon further-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups coarse polenta (corn grits)
- 2 teaspoons trans-cost-free margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, sliced
- 6 dry-packed sunlight-dried tomatoes, soaked in water to rehydrate, drained and chopped
- 10 ripe olives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
Warmth the broiler (grill). Posture the rack 4 to 6 inches from the warmth source.
Brush the zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms and purple pepper with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Prepare in solitary layer on a baking sheet and broil underneath low warmth. Switch as necessary and brush occasionally with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Grill or broil, turning as necessary, right up until the veggies are tender, about 5 to eight minutes. Transfer to a bowl and established apart.
Warmth the oven to 350 F. Coat an ovenproof 12-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium saucepan, provide water to a boil. Lower warmth and slowly and gradually whisk in polenta. Go on to stir and cook for about 5 minutes. When polenta arrives absent from side of pan, stir in margarine and black pepper. Remove from warmth.
Distribute polenta in the baking dish. Brush with remaining olive oil. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and maintain heat.
Drain spinach and push concerning paper towels. Leading polenta with spinach. Insert a layer of sliced tomatoes, chopped sunlight-dried tomatoes and olives. Leading with roasted veggies and sprinkle with oregano.
Return to the oven for one more 10 minutes. When warmed by means of, take out from the oven. Cut into wedges and provide.
Nutritional examination per serving
Serving measurement: 1 wedge
- Calories 269
- Overall extra fat nine g
- Saturated extra fat 1 g
- Trans extra fat Trace
- Monounsaturated extra fat 5 g
- Cholesterol mg
- Sodium 152 mg
- Overall carbohydrate 41 g
- Dietary fiber eight g
- Overall sugars 7 g
- Included sugars g
- Protein 7 g
- Greens 2
- Carbs 2
- Fats 2
- Starches 2
- Nonstarchy veggies 2
- Fats 2
- Grains and grain goods 2
- Greens 2
- Fats and oils 2
May well 19, 2021