By Mayo Clinic Employees
For a different taste, you can substitute white, butter or lima beans for chickpeas and 1 teaspoon toasted ground cumin seeds for the paprika.
Selection of servings
- Healthy carb
- Minimal Excess fat
- two cans (sixteen ounces every single) decreased-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained except for 1/four cup liquid
- 1 tablespoon more-virgin olive oil
- 1/four cup lemon juice
- two garlic cloves, minced
- 1/four teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/four teaspoon paprika
- three tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)*
- two tablespoons chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
*Notice: If you will need to observe a gluten-totally free food plan, test the label to make positive the brand of tahini is gluten-totally free.
Using a blender or food processor, puree the chickpeas. Increase the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, paprika, tahini and parsley. Blend properly.
Increase the reserved liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time, right up until the mixture has the regularity of a thick distribute.
Serve instantly or include and refrigerate right up until ready to provide.
Dietary examination per serving
Serving dimensions: 1/four cup
- Calories 88
- Overall excess fat four g
- Saturated excess fat
- Trans excess fat g
- Monounsaturated excess fat two g
- Cholesterol mg
- Sodium 80 mg
- Overall carbohydrate 9 g
- Dietary fiber three g
- Overall sugars two g
- Additional sugars g
- Protein four g
- Starches 1
- Meat and meat substitutes 1
- Nuts, seeds and dry beans 1/two