Atrial fibrillation and controlling strain
Tackle strain, stress and anxiety and despair to advantage your heart.
By Mayo Clinic Staff
Pressure can lead to heart rhythm conditions (arrhythmias) such as atrial fibrillation. Some studies recommend that strain and mental well being concerns may possibly cause your atrial fibrillation symptoms to worsen. Higher ranges of strain may possibly also be connected to other well being challenges. Coping with your strain is essential for your well being.
Regulate your strain
Locating techniques to take care of your strain may possibly support make improvements to your well being and take care of your affliction.
Some strain management tips include things like:
- Leisure strategies
- Guidance from household and close friends
- Standard actual physical activity
- A healthful diet program
- A good angle
If these strain management strategies aren’t serving to, converse to your medical professional.
Depression and stress and anxiety
There is a sophisticated marriage amongst atrial fibrillation and stress and anxiety and despair.
- Some research shows that persons with atrial fibrillation may possibly be extra influenced by despair and stress and anxiety.
- Getting despair or stress and anxiety may possibly negatively influence your good quality of lifestyle and the severity of your atrial fibrillation symptoms.
- At current, researchers you should not know whether or not persons with stress and anxiety or despair are extra likely to establish atrial fibrillation or whether or not acquiring atrial fibrillation improves the threat of stress and anxiety and despair.
Additional research is needed to completely understand the sophisticated marriage amongst atrial fibrillation and these mental well being conditions.
If you have symptoms of despair or stress and anxiety — such as persistent inner thoughts of disappointment or be concerned, problems concentrating, and loss of interest in most functions — converse with your medical professional. He or she may possibly suggest you see a specialist properly trained in mental well being conditions (psychologist or psychiatrist) for prognosis and remedy.March eighteen, 2021
- Atrial fibrillation. National Coronary heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/well being-subjects/atrial-fibrillation. Accessed Feb. 2, 2021.
- Bamgbade BA, et al. Psychosocial and cognitive multimorbidity and well being-associated good quality of lifestyle and symptom burden in more mature grownups with atrial fibrillation: The systematic evaluation of geriatric elements in atrial fibrillation (SAGE-AF) cohort review. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics. 2020doi:ten.1016/j.archger.2020.104117.
- Coronary heart-healthful dwelling. National Coronary heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/well being-subjects/heart-healthful-dwelling. Accessed March sixteen, 2021.
- Fu Y, et al. Romance amongst psychological aspects and atrial fibrillation: A meta-examination and systematic overview. Drugs (Baltimore). 2020 doi:ten.1097/MD.0000000000019615.
- Leisure strategies for well being. NCCIH. https://www.nccih.nih.gov/well being/peace-strategies-for-well being. Accessed Feb. 2, 2021.
- Managing strain. NAMI. https://www.nami.org/Your-Journey/People-with-Psychological-Illness/Having-Care-of-Your-System/Managing-Pressure. Accessed Feb. 2, 2021.
- Slepecky M, et al. Which psychological, psychophysiological, and anthropometric aspects are linked with lifestyle functions, despair, and good quality of lifestyle in sufferers with cardiovascular disorder. Neuropsychiatric Ailment and Procedure. 2017 doi:ten.2147/NDT.S141811.
See extra In-depth